Monday, January 19, 2009

My best works are ...

My three sons. Two are currently in Oz with my family.
Today Knuckles smiled. Honest. So we grabbed the camera and waited ....
And waited ...
And waited ...
And wallah! A big toothless grin. Not his first but close enough. Yesterday he smiled at the light and then the wall. This one was for me and his dad took the photo. It made us smile and laugh and then spend ages trying to coax another one. He just got sick of us pulling faces and making high-pitched noises. He started crying instead. Still it's pure gold. Better than any art thing I could ever make. I have an exhibition I am working towards, deadline Thursday. Honestly, I would rather be playing with this guy.
Current debate: Dad likes calling him Richie, I find it confusing cos that's also my husband's name (even though it was my idea to call my son Richard as well). So I want to call him Johnny after someone else pretty special. We cannot agree so for now he remains as always: Knuckles. And ... he turned one, one month old that is on Wednesday.
And me ... well today was hard. Yesterday was easy. That's how it is these days. Still, this baby makes it truly worthwhile. They all do.

1 comment:

Arija said...

Wow, Already a month old and cute as a kitten! Funny how it is hard to miss a minute when they are developing so quickly. You could always call him Marmaduke-Albrt, that would rattle everybody!
I wonder, will you have decided on a name by the Christening or will he forever remain Knckles? I suppose if he turns out to be a fighter it might even be appropriate.

Seems you are enjoying India's workshop. You certainly have deserved it, and it is so kind of your mother to make it possible.

Keep up the good work. Love, Arija.