Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Afghan textiles, Pt 3 ...

(Part 1 explains how I got these cloths, and Pt 2 has views of bodices, and just a reminder that these pieces are ALL handstitched...)

Cuffs and Borders
Front View
Back View
Front View
Back View
More beautiful pieces ...
The back cloths are just as beautiful as their front covers.
And yet more ...
Gotta love this cotton backing cloth with it's lines of running stitches and patches.
And row upon row of stitching still.

I am in genuine awe of the work involved in these cloths. I sound like a cracked record but have to pinch myself that these are mine each time I show someone.

2 comments:

india flint said...

these fragments are utterly delicious and it is entirely appropriate that you should be their keeper
xx
india

Pam de Groot said...

These pieces can now be forever treasured. I recently went to a local market and found a teapot made by someone I knew over 20 years ago. I was a potter too once and just love teapots. I had to buy the piece. A fraction of what it would have been new. I don't drink tea but I had to know that the teapot was going to be admired for the beauty it is.